Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Secrets of the Universe: Basketball Brain Games, Bill Hicks and Pete Holmes

VIDEO: National Geographic - Brain Games

Not to brag or anything but I discovered the secrets of the universe. It happened over a holiday weekend at the Gold Coast. It was my first travel experience since returning home from a year abroad. I also had the pleasure of reconnecting with an inspirational running mate I ego-tripped around Portugal and England with.

As this blog indicates I've been entertaining different perspectives on what makes reality. With the help of some organic substances and this National Geographic 'Brain Games' documentary which was showing at the time everything was unlocked. Thank you Universe!

Not unlike like an M. Night Shyamalan finale, my world view was turned on its head.  Everything that I thought I knew was pulled from under me. The question now is what does one do after unlocking the secrets of life. These comedic bits that interestingly reference hallucinogens and Bill Hicks offer some Call to Action

VIDEO: Bill Hicks - Positive Drug Story
Bill Hicks: Revelations (TV 1993)
BILL HICKS: (impersonating newsman with a positive drug story) Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather...

It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter because: it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings, and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourselves off.
VIDEO: Animated 'You Made It Weird' ft Steve Agee
'You made it Weird' with Pete Holmes: #24 Steve Agee
PETE HOLMES: As smart as we are there's this part of us that can just be like confused and scared pretty easily and I'd like to think there's something true behind it. That's what I'm looking for, I'd like to think there's a God and that he loves us... and there's meaning and love, the True religion of Love. When Bill Hicks says that I'm like Yeah! Get into it... When I take mushrooms for sure there's a God and he loves us big time... Are you looking or are just over it
STEVE AGEE: I'm over it. I think we're gonna die and that's it
HOLMES: ...If we could really wrap our brains around that Steve, if we could really ingest the reality that this is it. I think we'd be living differently...

No comments:

Post a Comment